Banged nose after rhinoplasty; do you think I did permanent damage?

I was washing my face on bough my cheeks using circular motions and at the same time on both sides my hands banged into the side of my nose. It initially hurt a lot but stopped hurting right after and isn't sore or anything. Do you think I did permanent damage? I am 4 weeks post op.

4 weeks postop rhinoplasty trauma

As long as the nose has not moved and still looks straight then no permanent injury has happened. Use a lot of ice for 48hours to minimize any swelling. RegardsDr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and light trauma

Unless you struck your  nose pretty hard, it is unlikely that you caused a problem.  If concerned, then you should see your doctor.

Nasal stability

Thanks for posting your concern. After rhinoplasty, the nose is sensitive. The events you described should not cause change 4 weeks out from surgery. If you do not see any bruising, no change in your nose externally, and no change in your breathing - it is unlikely you did any permanent damage or caused a change. If you do see a change or are unsure with the way you are healing, you should speak with your surgeon.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Pain with washing face after rhinoplasty

It is unlikely that you caused any permanent change to your nose if there was not additional swelling however, it is best to address this with your surgeon.  

Rhinoplasty Recovery

Contact your surgeon for an in person exam.  It is impossible to determine if you have damaged your nose without seeing it. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty recovery

It's hard to answer your question without an exam.  You would likely do well to check in with your surgeon for an evaluation and exam.  Good luck in your recovery!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD