I'm not afraid of a noticeable difference. What's my best option with the longest result? (Photo)

I'm looking to gain a good amount of volume in my upper lip as well as symmetry over all in top and bottom.

Juverderm gives an excellent result

Juverderm is smooth and injects very well.  There is excellent control and I have seen it last 2 years.  

Lip Augmentation

Hello, Thank you for your question. Based on your goals, you may want to consider a fat transplantation. Fat transplantation, or fat grafting, involves the removal of a specific amount of fat from your body so it can be re-injected into your face. The donor site is an area that has a readily available supply of subcutaneous fat, such as the abdomen or thighs—areas that you may find look more toned to a certain extent afterwards! This method of facial contouring can resolve such concerns as nasolabial folds (creases extending vertically on either side of the nose to the mouth) and thin or asymmetric lips (lip augmentation). Results are described as “good to excellent”, according to the majority of patients surveyed by surgeons participating in a University of California Los Angeles Medical Centre study. I'd recommend speaking to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine if you're a good candidate for this procedure. Take care.

A couple of Options

Hi kng_kylie

The sky is the limit but you may want to do something that is not permanent first to get a feel for how you want to look. 

You could start with fillers. They provide an effective temporary solution to help volumize your lips. Dermal filler injections adds volume to the lips and typically last around 1 year. Lip Fillers can leave you with the perfect pout in less than 15 minutes! It really is that simple.

For a more permanent solution: Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to your desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.

Wishing you luck in achieving your desired result.

Volume for the lips

I would recommend Restylane or Juvederm for your lips.  Fat transfers have complications and permanent implants have many side effects and adverse reactions.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip augmentation options.

I advise initial consideration for HA fillers, of which you have several very good options. They are versatile, natural feeling, and long lasting in the lips. Fat transfer is also a good option, but with more initial swelling to contend with, and less easily treated if overcorrection. The HA fillers I recommend and use most often are Juvederm, Restylane, and Belotero.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

I do not like using permanent fillers except for fat in the lips.  I often used HA's like juvederm or restylane lift.

Lip Asymmetry

Your asymmetry is modest, so correction must be done with great care because your lips are quite reasonable when in repose. I recommend correction with a filler like Juvederm Ultra plus by an experienced injector very conservatively because over correction will cause another asymmetry. If you like the result, then you can consider fat transfer for a longer lasting result. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with lots of experience treating lips. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD