At 62 can I have a neck left or lower face lift with my neck included? Will my face match? I am fairly youthful above my jowls?

Lower Facelift and Necklift

Thank you for your question.  Neck Rejuvenation is often used in conjunction with a Concept™ Facelift, in order to provide rejuvenation to the whole area.  Younger patients with tight skin elasticity may be able too just have neither face lift and neck lift, however normally when patients lose skin elasticity facelift and neck lift will be combined to ensure continuity.   Neck Rejuvenation can include tightening the platysma muscle which can be an extra procedure which some patients may need to ensure a tight contour neck.  Tightening of the platysma muscle (also know as platysmaplasty) will require a small incision under the chin away from direct view to gain access to the front edge of the muscle on the neck; they are sutured together with permanent stitches.  The muscles of the neck are the foundations and building blocks of the neck are fundamental to achieving a tight and toned result. Alternatively, some patients may need neck liposuction, for those who have excess fat under the chin.  Overall, to obtain the best results a combination of neck rejuvenation procedure maybe needed.  I perform my facelift and neck lift under local anaesthetic, meaning minimal bruising and swelling is experienced by patients.  This significantly reduces the recovery time experienced, therefore patients being able to return to their daily lives with public view within 5-7 days.  This is why it is important to have a comprohensive consultation with a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.   Best Wishes 

Lower Facelift Includes Neck Improvment

The simple answer is that a facelift, or lower facelift includes improvement of your mid and upper neck.
Recommendations to Improve your neck appearance depends on your exam - Your plastic surgeon will evaluate you for four main features:

1.Amount of excess fat (needs lipo or direct removal).
2.Presence of Significant Platysmal Banding (requires playsmaplasy or Botox)
3.Amount of excess Skin and condition of your skin. For example younger age, darker skin colors and no large weight loss history means there will be better elasticity and therefore better post surgical contraction. In milder cases if not too much fat is present there will be enough skin shrinkage with just lipo alone. However for moderate and severe skin redundancy a neck lift or lower facelift is needed with or without lipo for best results. Mild to minimal skin tightening using non surgical means like the Sciton Laser SkinTyte procedure, Ultherapy or Thermage could also be considered.
4. Chin deficiency (without adequate chin support your neckline will suffer)

In your case on the basis of your photo your best result would be with liposuction and a lower face/neck lift Lasers such as the Sciton BBL SkinTyte, or even IPL afterwards could be used for maintenance of your results.

Lower face and neck lift at 62

Thank you for your question about a neck lift or neck and face lift.

You can have a neck lift alone or a lower face and neck lift, included.
At your age, my experience  is that results are MUCH better with a combined face and neck lift.
These tissues are a unit - and results are better when they are treated together.

Lower face and neck lift for a 62 year old

At age 62 a comprehensive lower face and neck lift will be required due to loose facial and neck skin. This involves tightening up facial muscles, neck muscles, removing fatty deposits in the neck, tightening jowls and tightening excess facial and neck skin. For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift Photo Gallery

Face lift

A facelift would be the best procedure for you. Except in TV ads, a face lift includes the neck and lower face. The neck portion of the procedure includes fat removal and then release of platysmal bands and then tightening of the platysma muscle. The neck portion of the procedure tightens the neck and accentuate the jaw line. By performing a check tightening procedure the jowls are corrected. The skin excess skin is removed by pulling it up and back leaving a scar around the ear into the hair and a short scar under the chin.

Howard N. Robinson, MD (retired)

Yes, you can have a lower facelift with necklift at 62.  I think this is a perfect procedure for you at this point.  It would be helpful to see photos, but given your information, I believe this would benefit you!

The neck is always done with the lower facelift.

It is extremely rare that the neck is not done with the lower face when lifting the skin. Cost is roughly $8800 on special for an advance lower face/neck lift and is done under local rather than general anesthesia for safety and best results. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

62 and possible neck lift

Surgery can definitely be done on the neck and jowls without affecting the upper face.  A traditional facelift addresses the neck and jowls and normally gives good results at these areas.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower face lift without anything else

Of course, you can have a lower facelift, without combining it with other procedures.  If the rest of you looks good, then by all means, just address the areas of your face which bother you.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Face Lift with Neck Lift

Of course you can! Without pictures and an in-person examination it is difficult to give you precise recommendations, but at 62, you're more likely to benefit most from a full facelift which includes contouring of the neck. The neck lift portion can easily be achieved in most patients via the facelift incision and performing both procedures together rather than just the neck lift alone will give you a more congruent result. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Mark Gaon, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon