1 week post op, doctor is on vacation. Help?

Had revision tt last week because fascia too thin and muscle repair opened. Dr is out of country. I saw dr on call yesterday. Removed drains. I asked what restrictions I have he said none Do what ever you can handle. I think he is wrong.

1 week post op, doctor is on vacation.I have he said none Do what ever you can handle = really?

After TT revision surgery, most of the patients are supposed to follow activity restrictions during the healing process. The type and length of restrictions depend of the extend of the surgery/ indications of the surgeon.In my practice, after a revision tummy tuck, patients must avoid heavy lifting or exercising for 6 to 8 weeks. However, light waking is allowed to my patients. Patients with questions and concern about their TT revision activity restrictions should contact the plastic surgeon' office and ask for advice. 

1 week post op, Doctor is on vacation. Help?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  In most instances a full muscle repair requires patients to limit their activities for up to 6 weeks after surgery to ensure appropriate healing.  I would wait until your surgeon is back in town and they can obtain the full details of your repair in order to advise you appropriately.  Hope this helps.

He is wrong

After tummy tuck surgery, I advise the patients to take two weeks off from work. The patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At two months, the patients start low impact cardio. At three months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. If anything hurts or causes swelling, we ask them to back off somewhat. If you exercise or do some particular activity that results in pain or swelling you are doing too much for your personal recovery at that time.  Not everyone heals the same.  You need to make sure that you don’t cause more swelling.  Fighting the swelling or working through the pain will certainly backfire. I prefer the patients to stay in town for two weeks if they from more than 2-3 hours away.  I do not allow patients to fly before 2 to 3 weeks at the very minimum.

Post operative restrictions

Hello,If you feel the advice may be mistaken just continue the post operative restrictions given to you after your first surgery until your surgeon gets back into the country.  This way you won't take a chance with causing injury until you can confer with you surgeon. Best of Luck!Dr. Rednam