How Long Does It Take for Your Fat to Absorb in the Brazilian Butt Lift?

Doctor Answers 2

How long does it take for the fat in a BBL to get absorbed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The Brazilian Butt Lift is the preferred procedure for buttock augmentation. The use of fat into the buttocks is very different than when injecting it into the face. In the face you always have to over correct and still the fausually gets absorbed. In the buttocks, fortunately, it is very different. Ihave been transplanting fat into the buttocks for over 12 years. You do not overfill.  In 65% of the patients the fat stays and there is no need for any further fat injections. In the remaining 35% of the patients there may be significant absorption which is seen by 6 weeks after surgery. In this case one has to wait 3 months from the time of surgery before a second procedure can be performed, assuming there is enogh donor fat available. It is rare to need more any more fat transplantation. Again, it is important to differentiate fat injected into the buttocks from fat injected into the face. The fat injected into the buttocks lasts even if a second procedure is necessary.

Mostly fat resorbs 50% in more than 6 years

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 yes mostly the whole own fat grafts implants are  reabsorved in a 50% almost after 5 years, that is why we must add and overcorrect like  double calculated total amount of initial quantity of fat graft, to avoid the reabsortion

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.