How long does it take for swelling to reduce after male mammary gland removal ? I did NOT have lipo, my surgery was 6 days ago.

I've recently had 95% of my mammary glands removed(not the whole glands to prevent nipple concave) and that was 6 days ago. I did not need liposuction JUST excision of glands. My chest looks much rounder and I'm happy already with the results, however my chest is still puffy. I understand there's a timeframe for the swelling to reduce I'm just worried if it's as good as it's going to get or if I'm just being impatient. I had the drainage tubes removed 2 days ago

Swelling is Expected

Post-surgical swelling is expected after this type of surgery. Although liposuction was not utilized, “gland removal” for treatment of gynecomastia may persist for weeks and even months after surgery, but should gradually diminish over time.

Swelling after Surgery

Dear Smg2014,

Swelling after the surgery you have described typically lasts for about 6 weeks after surgery. After that 6 week mark, your wounds have strength to them, but you will continue healing and refining the area for 6 months to a year. I hope this helps!

Swelling Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. But if this causes concern, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Recovery

The recovery process can take between from 4-12 weeks.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia surgery 6 days ago

At six days after surgery, you are too early in the post-op period to expect the swelling in your chest to have subsided. You need to give it a few months.

Gynecomastia Recovery

Most swelling after gynecomastia surgery resolves in 3 months but can take up to a year for final results depending on the extent of the surgery