What Can I Do To Correct My Long Chin?

hi, im 20 years of age, and i have a long chin and an under bite, i would like to know wether i could get it fixed with just braces, or will i need corective surgery. if so how long will the recovery take?

Doctor Answers 2

Long chin

Your Dr can best tell what you will need. In general a large underbite will need a combo surgery and braces. Lesser bites might need just braces and a chin reduction. After your Dr has taken your records they can show you your problem and what proceedures you will need and what options you might have. Also a second consult with an oral surgeon might be helpfull. Drs also can show you before and after results for different approaches

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Long chin

a long chin and an underbite are a bad combination!  Almost always this will require braces and surgery to fix. Treatment time could range from 1 year to 3 years depending on how much tooth movement is required to insure that your teeth would fit together after the surgery is done

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.