How long before I can try a different surgery to fix my scleral show?

doc tried to fix my sclera show with canthopexy but it didnt work its actually worse now (more sclera show & eyes look very unsymmetrical). this problem really bothers me i want to have it fixed as soon as possible but i dont want to be irresponsible & rush into more surgery. how long do you think i should wait before getting canthoplasty with graft or something else to fix the retraction? (btw it is not caused by previous eyelid surgery it is from mild tissue scarring from graves disease) thx

Scleral show surgery

I recommend that patients wait at least 3 months for all swelling to resolve before considering other procedures.  Sometime a graft may be needed to lift the eyelid.  Sometimes a filler can be used to support the lid and obviate the need for further surgery.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revisional surgery on the lower lids should be postponed until all inflammation has subsided.

It's possible that is inflammation subsides the position of the lower lid might improve particularly with therapy directed towards it. Surgery should be postponed until all information has subsided

Sceral show

If one has scleral show, it might require you to wait a few months before having procedure  performed to correct it.  Good luck.

Scleral show (lateral retraction) Surgery.

If it has been about 3 months then you are probably fine to proceed with a different surgery.  Sometimes a eyelid graft is needed to raise up the lower eyelids in addition to raising the lateral canthus (outer corner of the eyelids). Best wishes.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon