I fell down on a curb and now I'm super worried if I damaged my breast implants? (Photos)

I am two weeks exact post op and I slipped on a curb and fell. I mostly fell on my left elbow and now my left breast is a little swollen which I expected due to falling on that side. I'm just worried because I've been having a lot of back pain and breast pain here and there which before the fall I didn't experience too much. And on the bottom of the breast they're a little pinker than usual. If someone can help thank you!

I fell down on a curb and now I'm super worried if I damaged my breast implants?

Hi kimchi,
Thank you for your question and photos, and I am sorry to hear you are in pain.  It is difficult to give great advice over the internet; however, I do not see anything concerning from the photos you have posted.  Call your surgeon this week to confirm with him/her.  Hang in there.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Since their has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast implants are notably strong these days

The best course of action is to consult your original PS.  A physical evaulation will help allay any of your concern.  Nevertheless, back and breast pain is not unusual at two weeks postop.  First and foremost, your starting to "re-learn" your posture due to the sudden shift in your body proportions, and your tissue will take time to "relax" and "settle."

In terms of damaging your implants, take note that they are notably strong that they are designed to withstand about three times the patient's weight in force.

I hope that helps and good luck.

I am sorry to hear about the fall you experienced. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance.  Having said that, I do not see anything  concerning on your posted photographs.   Based on your description of the trauma, your symptoms,  and photographs, most likely no long-term harm has been done. Again, best to follow up with your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes.

All Looks Good in Pictures But . . .

Dear kimche, Of course I do not have the advantage of examining your personally, but judging by your pictures all looks good, and you have a very nice result. You should follow up with your PS if you are still concerned. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Fell after having surgery

Hi & thank you for your question. It's very hard to say without an in person evaluation ,but based on your photos everything appears to be fine. I suggest contacting your surgeon to be examined. Best of luck.

Fall

I would suggest calling your doctor and asked to be seen. Photos alone will not tell if damage has occurred.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post fall

I don't think you did any damage to speak of. they look great. go show off..........................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Fall after BA Surgery

Thank you for your questions, and I am sorry to hear of your troubles. It is best to see your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person exam and checkup to ensure everything is okay. Best wishes!Dr. Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry for your discomfort and concern.  It is hard to tell if there is truly anything wrong without a physical exam.  Based on you pictures, both implants appear to be ok.  The biggest concern we would have after a fall is not necessarily injury the implants but rather injuring the healing tissue around the implant.  This cold cause bleeding in the pocket that would be evident as asymmetrical swelling and or bruising. Bleeding in the pocket can lead to capsular contracture in the future.  I would suggest close follow up and exam with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.