What is wrong? How could it be corrected? (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation (silicone, 425 cc's, under muscle) almost two years ago. However, when I look in the mirror I feel the look of my breasts are off.

Breasts don't look right

From your photographs with your implants, and without seeing your preoperative photographs, my impression is that you needed a breast lift in addition to breast implants and only had implants placed. Now you have the look of breasts falling off of a sub muscular placed implant. In my opinion, only a breast lift at this point would move the breast tissue upward on the chest wall to match the position of the implant. Trying to "lower the implant" will not provide you with the youthful looking breast that you may want. I recommend you go back to your operating plastic surgeon to discuss breast lift.

Nothing is wrong

but you could benefit from a mastopexy at minimum.  If you have firm breasts and have developed contractures, you will also need that addressed at the same time.  Ask your surgeon for recommendations and then fix them when you're ready.  What you have occurs frequently after augmentation, especially you had some borderline ptosis to start with. 

Curtis Wong, MD

You have a Snoopy deformity

Hello Kelleigh.  I am sorry to hear about your situation, but the good news is that it can be fixed with a breast lift.  Implants are placed in either a subglandular or subpectoral pocket centered over the left and right chest breast footprint. When you start and have ptosis/sagging, where the nipple-areola complex is at the fold or lower, your breast will continue to hang off of your chest onto your upper abdomen even after implants. In fact, in patients with such sagging who undergo an augmentation without a lift, their breast tissue hangs off of the implant that is sitting on their chest, creating a shape like Snoopy's nose, hence called a "snoopy" deformity. Implants can not give a therapeutic lift and taking shortcuts will only lead to suboptimal results. In some borderline cases of ptosis, breast augmentation can be performed and if there is unsatisfactory sagging, then a lift can be performed later at a second stage.

Two lifting techniques that are very good ones in the right patient and I use are based on the following:
1) if it is mainly the nipple position that needs lifting, I like the circumareolar approach (also called a donut lift)
vs
2) if a large portion of the breast tissue/weight needs to be lifted, a circumvertical (also called lollipop) and sometimes a full anchor incision is needed as the circumareolar approach in my mind is not strong enough to hold the weight of the breast and results in stretching of the areola and drooping over time.

Costs vary based on surgeon experience, region of the country, and amount of time needed to perform your operation. I recommend you start by finding a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery. Most high end practices offer various credit and financing options to help make surgery with the best surgeon for you more affordable.

I hope this helps you!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

What is wrong? How could it be corrected?

Based on your photos you appear to have waterfall or snoopy breast deformities. In order to reposition your nipples and areolae to a higher position so that they are centered on the position of your implants, you will need to undergo a breast lift. Despite the extra scars, this should optimize the appearance of your breasts. Thank you for sharing your photo and concerns. Best wishes.

Dr. Gregory Park

Gregory Park, MD

Breast lift

Your breasts appear droopy which can simply be corrected with a breast lift. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Breast deformity after augmentation.

From the photos you supplied, it appears that there is significant scar contraction below your implants and also the implants are under the muscle.  In my opinion, to correct this, removing the scar around your implants and placing the implants OVER the muscle should be ideal.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  It appears that you have a double bubble deformity, with your natural breast tissue having slid off your implant and is now sagging too low on your chest.  Correction would entail the use of a breast lift to reduce the amount of excess breast skin while helping elevate your nipple and areola into a more youthful position.  Hope this helps.

Breast Augmentation Results

You would need to be examined, but your photos indicate ptosis of the breast tissue and nipples off the bottom of the implant. You will either need a breast lift, and implant pocket adjustment or scar capsule procedure if there is an element of capsular contracture, or both. 
If your surgeon is not a ABPS certified/ASAPS member, you should have a few consultations with surgeons that are.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What is wrong with my breast implants? How could it be corrected?

It is difficult to say without and in person examination.  However it appears to me that much of the implant volume is above the nipple areola.  If this is the case then a breast lift may be required to center the nipple areola on the implant.  Please see your plastic surgeon. To learn more pleaser read below:

What is wrong with my breasts? How could it be corrected?

Thank you for the question and photos. Even though your arms are elevated, it seems that you have sagging breast tissue off your implants. If your implants/breasts are soft, then you can have a vertical lift without an implant exchange. If you have scar tissue and hardening around the implants, then you will need the implants exchanged at the same time. See you plastic surgeon for a re-consultation if you have a trusting working relationship or seek another opinion. Good luck.