Will I have significant loose skin again if I lose 10lbs & build muscles after TT? BMI 26. 143lbs, 5'3", med frame (Photo)

Although I am within 10lbs of my ideal weight of 135, I think that I have a lots of flab esp since I've lost muscle mass & now less lean. Do you think I can still achieve a good result? How would weight training post TT alter my result? Thank you so much for your time!

Tummy tuck

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos, by looking at them you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck, exercise will definitely help improving the result without leaving extra loose skin.

Best wishes

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after TT

Ideally patients should be at their baseline weight prior to surgery-- not necessarily their ideal weight if that weight is unsustainable.

There are other options besides just a full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck with your anatomy, so make sure to discuss those with your surgeon as well.  That could yield a lower overall scar.

A 10 pound weight swing is a normal amount fluctuation for many patients.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Tummy Tuck to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Abdominoplasty

You are well within your ideal body weight to get an excellent durable result from an abdominoplasty.  A modern, comprehensive tummy tuck involved substantial defatting of the abdominal wall, by both liposuction and direct fat removal of the deepest layer near the muscles. This will maximally thin your skin flap so that any further weight reduction will not effectively diminish your already lean abdomen, and therefore not re-create skin laxity. Another important step is progressive tension sutures to optimize skin tension from top to bottom along your abdomen.  This has a secondary effect of eliminating the need for drains, and minimizing your risk of seromas, the most common complication of a tummy tuck. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that perform a modern, comprehensive tummy tuck without the need for drains. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Great Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Thank you so much for reaching out and posting pictures! By the looks of your photos, you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. I always suggest patients are within 10lbs of their goal weight prior to surgery, and if you are still searching for the right surgeon, you will likely have some time to get closer to your goal weight. We would love to see you in our Newport Beach or Mission Viejo office for a free consultation to go over all of your options and answer any questions you might have! Best of luck. Dr. Kachenmeister!

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Hi-

From your photos it like you would do tremendous with an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). I recommend all patients to try and achieve an ideal body weight that they will be able to maintain prior to the procedure to get them the very best result they can. If you become more fit following the operation your result will be even better!! Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and go over the best options for you! Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Be At Your Goal Weight At Surgery

I always recommend that patients be at their target weight and muscle toning prior to surgery.  Weight changes in either direction will affect final results.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

TT

Thank you for the photos and question and though one would want to be at a stable ideal weight prior to surgery it is doubtful that a ten pound loss after will affect your final result

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

How will weight training affect my TT?

Weight training may help strengthen your abdominal musculatures and even possible close your muscle separation but will not do anything for the excess skin that you have.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon