Relapsed overcrowding, would I be a good candidate for veneers? (photos)

I had braces with an expander when I was younger and fortunately I had some relapse. I do not like the shape nor the color of my teeth. Would I be a candidate for veneers or would I have to go through orthodontic treatment again?

Veneers for crowded teeth.

Your teeth are quite crowded. The teeth themselves seem very attractive. You could definitely have the illusion of straight teeth if the smile makeover is done by a very experienced dentist. Ask to see actual smile makeovers that the dentist has done himself/herself. Also, remember that the tooth preparation would be very invasive. This is a big decision. Talk with a dentist experienced in both veneers and Invisalign. 

Portland Dentist

Relapsed teeth

Hi, thanks for sending your question; its one that I get asked very often. Although veneers can get a very quick improvement in your smile, orthodontics can take generally longer. Even though todays orthodontic treatments can be expedited vs conventional older methods.  Your situation deserves a proper consultation and evaluation and discussion about your wants and needs. Once done a proper treatment plan tailored to your specific desires can be made and you can get the smile that you want! I am confident your final outcome will look excellent. All  the best,

Navid Zamani, DMD
Los Angeles Dentist

Candidate for porcelain veneers #DrSoftTouch

While orthodontic treatment is an option, this option would require you to wear a retainer to prevent your teeth from relapsing again. Porcelain veneers, on the other hand, would instantly improve your smile would only take 1-2 appointments to complete. I would recommend 10 veneers across the top. This would allow you to change the shade, size and shape of your teeth and give you a broader, more symmetrical smile. See an experienced cosmetic dentist for a veneer consult to determine your options. I'll link a photo of a patient of mine who opted for veneers to straighten his teeth rather than orthodontics. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Porcelain veneers can make a tremendous difference

While braces (or ANY orthodontic treatment) is a great option, porcelain veneers can give you control of the size, shape, and color of your teeth in as few as 2 weeks.