If I had open rhinoplasty two weeks ago, would it be okay for me to get lip fillers with Juvederm?

Will it have any affect on the outcome of my nose? Is it unsafe or could possibly lead to any health hazards? What is a safe amount to wait to get lip fillers.?

Lip injections after Rhinoplasty

Hello and congratulations on your recent surgery! Since you are not injecting your nose area, there should be no harm in getting lip injections. However, keep in mind that your mid face is still swollen, which may bring more swelling and irritation when injecting. However, results will not be affected. I wish you the best of luck!

Lip Fillers

You could probably do so, however, your midface is swollen, and your lip motion may not be normal due to mechanical impediment and/or temporary nerve weakness of lip elevators. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Lip augmentation after rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of your nose for breathing or appearance. This surgery has an extended healing process with many instructions regarding what you can and cannot do. 

Lip augmentation is a filler injection procedure to improve symmetry, volume, and contours of the lips. This can performed safely weeks after your rhinoplasty procedure as long as you are not having active issues: bleeding or infection. I practice on the conservative side and ask my patients to wait 4 weeks. I recommend discussing your plans for lip augmentation with your rhinoplasty surgeon for a safe and happy outcome. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm after rhinoplasty

That should not cause an issue. As long as you follow your surgeons post-op recommendations, lip fillers should not interfere. 

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers after rhinoplasty

since you are planning on getting fillers in a different place than where your surgery was, I think 2 weeks is fine. However, remember that the 2 areas are pretty close to each other and Juvederm in your lips will bring more swelling to the area temporarily. This should not affect your final results for either, however. 

Ideally, see the board certified surgeon who did your nose and ask either him/her (or a qualified injector in the office) to do the filler. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon