Over The Muscle High Profile Silicone Vs Lollipop Breast Lift With Round Saline Implants For Sagging Breast?? 5'2 127lbs.(photo)

Hello Doctors ! I have sagging breast due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. I am currently a 32b and my nipples hang pretty low. I have my surgery scheduled next month but I'm still not sure what I want. The options I was given was a lollipop lift with under muscle implants or silicone implants on top of muscle. I prefer silicone but for the price I paid if I get the lift I will have to settle for round Saline. What do you reccomend doctors ?

Over The Muscle High Profile Silicone Vs Lollipop Breast Lift With Round Saline Implants For Sagging Breast??

Thanks for the question. Without an examination, it's not possible to get too detailed but we can certainly give you some generalities. You can get a great result but it will take a full lift whether or not you use implants. Implants over the muscle are rarely a good idea and never do implants give you any significant lift. Saline implants over the muscle are usually very undesireable. Get a couple more consults and don't limit yourself to inappropriate surgery because of money. If you haven't saved enough to do it right, it is better to do nothing now and keep saving. Otherwise you will be very unhappy and find you have to redo everything at a much higher cost. 

Implant position and lifting

Thank you for your photos they are very helpful in answering your question.

Your best option is to have your implants placed partially under the muscle and a breast lift. Your skin has stretched and will not support an implant under the breast. You have lost fullness of the upper pole of the breast which will also make rippling of the implant in a subglandular placement more obvious.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to review these issues with you.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Don't Make a Serious Mistake

I would want you to keep going on consults.  The doctor you saw has virtually disqualified himself with his recommendation for breast augmentation without a lift.  That would be a disaster, even with high profile implants over the muscle.  

You would be served well with implants placed under the pectoralis muscle and a full lift.  If you cannot afford silicone gel implants with this surgical plan, wait or finance.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Over The Muscle High Profile Silicone Vs Lollipop Breast Lift With Round Saline Implants For Sagging Breast?? 5'2 127lbs.

I would recommend the lift with implant. I think that you could have the silicone breast implant with the lift if you carefully choose the right Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Rather than finding a non-certified surgeon that may give you better pricing it can be helpful to find a newer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has years of experience in training and surgery-required to become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery but is newer in practice. They have the latest up to date training and highest standards as currently set by the newest technology and are able to pass on to the consumer much better pricing for Breast Augmentation. The manufacturers of the breast implants encourage and assist the newer Certified Plastic Surgeons by giving them special pricing on implants which most will pass on to you, the consumer. Check for special pricing here on RealSelf and make sure the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you may find the perfect Plastic Surgeon for you who is able to work with your budget without cutting corners! Then you may be able to afford the lift with the silicone implants you desire. 

Full breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would recommend that you seriously consider a full breast lift (I only perform this technique as it gives the best results I have found) with small textured silicone implants to achieve the best-looking result.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

How NOT to Screw-Up your Breasts with a Poorly Planned Breast Augmentation

As you know from life, poor decisions lead to poor results. 

Let's critically look at your breasts and analyze what makes them somewhat unattractive. Then, by correcting these factors we should be able to create sexy, perky breasts. Your breasts are
- Deflated and Asymmetric ( as is seen in MANY women after breast feeding) - 
- the areolas are very large
- the nipples are pointing down
- the amount of breast fill is small compared to the amount of breast skin.

To fix this we need to REDUCE the amount of breast skin and reduce the size of the areolas. THen we need to add fill/volume to the breasts and reposition the smaller nipple complex in the center of the new, higher breast mound for forward pointing nipples.
Putting any implants into these breasts and walking away is a dumb decision. You will end up with a Rock in a Sock appearance which overtime will only look worse. Furthermore, saline implants are heavier than silicone implants and they crease more. So, do you REALLY want rippled, low hanging great grandma breasts????

The best solution is to do a Breast Lift (which removes skin excess and corrects the skin envelope and repositions the nipple where it needs to be. This should be done with a silicone implant under the muscle (to reduce rippling and the odds of scarring around the implants (contracture) AND your surgeon may additionally add fat in the socially visible areas of the breast to create more cleavage AND reduce rippling.

Good Luck.

Peter Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Do the right thing

you should get silicone implants under the muscle and a vertical mastopexy procedure. Going over the pecs is not a good idea in this day and age. A lollipop scar will only, will result in prolonged lower breast pole making your breasts look like an eggplant rather than an orange (nice and round). How much are you paying? Please contact our office if we can be of assistance with reasonable rates to get your surgery done right. Please examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

To Lift or Not To Lift

Thank you for the informative photos.  While it is difficult to say what type of lift you need just by photos, it is evident that you definitely need a breast lift to get an aesthetically pleasing result.

I would also recommend placing the implants behind the muscle in a dual plane fashion to help prevent future problems, which is more an issue when implants are placed in front of the muscle.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Thank you for the question and you would clearly benefit from a lollipop lift with silicone gel implants placed under the muscle in a dual plane.  I would go on more complimentary consults with experts in the area and find the surgeon who will do the best operation for you at the price you can afford.  Don't settle for less!

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Concern

Thank you for your question.  You made it sound like your main concern is the low nipples along with the saggy breast.  The only way to bring the nipples in a higher position is to get a breast lift along with the breast augmentation.  Doing just an augment will leave your nipples low.  Best Wishes