I want a full tummy tuck, and I know I need but is Lipo necessary in my case? (Photo)

I workout a lot and try to eat decent. I don't feel like I need Lipo. I think a full tummy tuck will suffice but I want your expertise. Do I need Lipo in my case?

Tummy tuck

In your case the tummy tuck alone will give you a great result.  Liposuction also may help a little, but if it will increase the cost significantly, you could skip it.

Abdominoplasty with or without liposuction

Hello Mrs. Unknown-
You are a great candidate for an abdominoplasty and will have an excellent result (if done well) with the tummy tuck alone. Liposuction is just another safe tool that we have at our disposal to sculpt the fatty layer whenever needed. Liposuction is very helpful to sculpt a smaller waistline and if you can pinch some fat in that area then you are also a good candidate for it. There is usually no extra charge for this addition. Performing a triple plication of the musculofascial wall can also help cinch up the waist. 
Dr. A.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with or without liposuction

Most tummy tuck procedures benefit from some liposuction of the flanks (love handles) at the same time. The liposuction is not required however. If you do not want liposuction then you should not have liposuction. Without examining you in person I can not determine if liposuction would benefit you.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

I want a full tummy tuck, and I know I need but is Lipo necessary in my case?

I think that a full tummy tuck will produce a very nice result.

Beverly Hills, CA....

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine the exact procedure (s) you will benefit most from without a face-to-face exam. From looking at your pictures, in my opinion I would recommend a full #tummytuck with #liposuction. My recommendation is to schedule consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area. They can evaluate you, discuss their recommendations, answer any questions or concerns. You can also request to see before and after photos and read patient testimonies. Best wishes to you!

TT and lipo

Hello and thanks for your question. You may  benefit from liposuction and a full abdominoplasty. However an in-person consultation is most appropriate regarding your surgical plan. Be well

Abdominoplasty vs liposuction

Dear Mrs. UNKNOWN, 

Thank you for your story, questions and posted photos.

My responses:
1)we all have both internal fat (located n your internal organs and pushing your belly outward) and external fat (on top of your muscles). Internal fat can not be treated by either liposuction or tummy tuck...only weight loss.

2)You did not mention your current height or weight. We often calculate body mass index (BMI) that helps us give you better advice. I recommend that you attain you goal weight prior to surgery.

3)If you have had children you most likely have a separation of the two vertical abdominal muscles (that are not repaired with liposuction).

4)their are three types tummy tucks:
a) traditional (muscle repaired from breast bone to pubic bone)
b) mini (muscle repaired from umbilicus (tummy button) to pubic bone)
c) extended (like traditional tummy tuck but extends around at to hip area
all will remove excess fat and skin of the lower abdomen. The remaining skin is stretched tight resulting in smooth abdominal appearance.

5liposuction will remove only external fat but may leave your skin loose and hanging.
liposuction will not repair separated muscles.

6)both liposuction and tummy tuck are often done together, except in the upper abdomen (May reduce blood flow and cause healing/flap problems at the tummy tuck incision.

7)the types of liposuction are:
a)traditional suction asst. Liposuction (SAL)
b) ultrasonic asst. liposuction (UAL)
c) power asst. liposuction (PAL)
d) laser asst. liposuction (LAL)
e) water asst liposuction (WAL)
are all effective and are secondary to the experience of the Plastic Surgeon

8)non surgical methods to help "shrink skin" after liposuction use RF:
a) Vellashape III
b) Thermi tight

Conclusion:
1) based on limited information and not being able to evaluate you in person I would recommend you reach your goal weight and then have a traditional tummy tuck and liposuction to contour the flank areas.

2) I suggest you make several appointments with different Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best and success to you

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Liposuction and TT

Hi, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. It is totally up to you, but you would benefit a lot from a liposuction in waist and flanks and probably lower back. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty / Mini Tummy Tuck / Liposuction / Revision Tummy Tuck

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you appear to be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck and should have a great result.

Regarding liposuction of your flanks, The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Liposuction with Tummy Tuck

I do liposuction on almost all my tummy tucks, because along with removing all the loose skin and fixing the abdominal muscles, many patients have full flanks that look better contoured when liposuction is performed there.

In your pictures, you seem to be one of the unique patients that may not need it.  The only way to tell would be with an in person consultation.  I hope that helps!

David Dorfman, MD
Irvine Plastic Surgeon