I have a flat tip nose and wide. Can it be changed? Around how much money would this Rhinoplasty be? (photos)

Hi dal15! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. It is possible to receive rhinoplasty for a smaller and more refined nose. From the pictures you provided, you are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty. Results and prices vary and you should seek consultation from a board-certified surgeon in your area who specializes in rhinoplasty or have had extensive experience. I wish you the best of luck!

Flat and wide nasal tip

Thank you for your photos. A rhinoplasty can dramatically change your nasal tip and overall look. It is important to have an in-office examination to measure and evaluate the proportions of your nose and the underlying anatomy. The goal is to be able to change the shape to your desires while keeping it in line with your own aesthetic preferences, ethnicity, and sex. Often times, noses that are flat and wide need to be "built up." This can be done using your own cartilage from your septum, ear, or rib. The price for rhinoplasty can vary drastically depending on exactly what needs to be done, if cartilage needs to be used, and your geographic location. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Rhinoplasty for wide tip and nose etc.

A rhinoplasty would narrow your bridge, refine your tip, support your lateral nose with cartilage grafts etc. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. Cost varies but is about $6500 to $10000 depending on multiple factors. 

Rhinoplasty for a flat and wide nose

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

Flat, wide, and boxy noses can be refined with rhinoplasty. An important factor to consider is the skin thickness. Patients with thin skin can see improvement with small maneuvers. Patients with thicker skin will need structure to stretch the skin. 

A thorough interview, examination, and photoanalysis will help your surgeon determine what techniques are appropriate for your nose to achieve a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have a flat tip nose and wide. Can it be changed?

Thank you for your question about possible rhinoplasty.  Your tip does seem wide and has potential for refinement that would improve the appearance of your nose.  This will probably require cartilage grafts and suture technique including possible lateral crural grafts for what appeared to be a "parenthesis" tip.

I suggest that you would get your best advice and guidance from a face-to-face consultation with either an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon fluent in rhinoplasty.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Improving Wide, Flat Nasal Tip

The appearance of your wide boxy, asymmetrical tip can be improved. In order to achieve a balance natural result the entire nose should be evaluated which is not possible with these limited views. I need to see a full set of pictures as described on my website for nasal evaluation.  

Thank you for the question and photos and at a complimentary consultation after taking your photo digitally and the altering it you will be able to see what is and what is not possible with your nose.  So go on some consults where they use this technique, look at photos of similar patients, compare fees and find your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Cost of a rhinoplasty for a flat nose and wide tip

The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly proportional to the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in a formal operating room, the amount of time monitored under general anesthesia by a physician anesthesiologist, and the surgeon's professional fees for performing the surgery in addition to all of the postoperative follow-up appointments. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be an impediment to seeing refinement in that area. The bulbous tip can be  narrowed with suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal applying to the nasal to cartilages.  The bridgeline of the nose can be narrowed with osteotomies. Cartilage grafts are sometimes also placed in the nasal tip to increase projection. For many before-and-after results, please see link and the video below