Is a bump above my bb normal after TT? (Photo)

Is this bump normal? What can I do? What is it called? I just noticed it. Should I address it To my ps? I'm 6 mths po. Pls help!

Doctor Answers 3

Is a bump above my bb normal after TT?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You are likely dealing with an abnormal scar;  hypertrophic or keloid scarring. Your plastic surgeon will likely address it with agent such as injectable steroids. Best wishes.

Hypertrophic Scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It looks like a hypertrophic scar.  You should go see your plastic surgeon so they can see it in person and treat it appropriately. 

Bump in scar after tummy tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I think that is a small area of hypertrophic scarring.  I would go in and get him to asses it.  I would likely inject it with a small amount of steroids. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.