Breast Augmentation Vs Breast Implants?

What is the difference between breast implants and breast augmentation? which is best to get done? with implants which is best to get gel o silicone , durability, safer, ?

Breast Augmentation Vs Breast Implants?

Breast augmentation surgery is performed to enhance your breasts; to give you more fullness, by using either saline or silicone gel implants. Both safe are very safe.
There are many factors to consider when choosing to do breast augmentation The implant options include; saline vs. silicone gel implants, moderate, midrange or high profile. Implant placement also needs to be taken into consideration; on top of the muscle or behind the muscles. Placement typically depends on how much breast tissue you have to begin with as well as the quality of your skin. If you have adequate amount of tissue, then having an implants on top of the muscle (in this case, I would recommend silicone gel implants) would be appropriate for the support and padding of the implants. If you do not have adequate amount of breast tissues for support, then I would recommend placing implants behind the muscles.
As for volume vs. "natural" appearance, this is difficult to measure. It is so individualized based on each patient's perspective. If you are going for volume, then you may need high profile which gives you the volume to give you more upper pole fullness. If you are looking for volume but not so much upper pole fullness, then you may consider moderate or mid range implants.
There is no right answer; the decision has to be made between you and your plastic surgeon. You have to understand about the reason behind choosing the type of implants, the placement of the implants, the volume you are aiming for. You then have to understand the potential risks in all the options. This is why having a formal consultation with your plastic surgeon is so important before making your decision for surgery.
Dr. Vu

Breast Augmentation Is the Name of the Procedure to Place Breast Implants

Breast Augmentation is the name of the Plastic Surgical Procedure used to place Breast Implants. There are both Saline (salt water) and Silicone Gel Breast Implants available. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for advice.

Implants or augmentation??

Breast implants are used to augment (enlarge) breasts. Gel implants ARE silicone implants. Saline is salt water and is used in saline implants, which do not contain silicone gel. Both types of implants have a solid silicone envelope (outer shell) rather like the rubber of a toy balloon.

Neither is 'best.' Each has advantages and disadvantages. Generally, after a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon you will know which is most appropriate for you. Yes, YOU get to choose! The patient must participate in her own care and she can only do this when all the facts are put before her.

J. Brian Boyd, MD

One is the name of the surgery, and the other is the name of the devices used

Breast augmentation refers to the cosmetic surgical procedure. Breast implants refer to the medical devices that are placed inside the body to enhance breast size. They are often used interchangeably, however.

Current silicone implants have a more cohesive consistency than those made in the past. While they are still silicone implants, sometimes they may also be called cohesive gel or "gummy bear" implants. However, they refer to the same thing. They are far more durable then before and feel more natural than saline implants. You'd have to see a PS who can help you figure out which implant type would be the best for you.

Breast Augmentation Vs Breast Implants?

Breast augmentation is the name of the operation in which breast implants are used to enhance the fullness of the breasts.

Having said this, there is a great deal of work going on to research the used of fat in breast augmentation.

However, fat grafting of the breasts has not yet become common practice due to issues of inconsistent take of the fat, as well as possible problems with breast imaging.

As you likely know, the two main classes of breast implant are saline and silicone gel.

An experienced plastic surgeon can help you choose the best option for your situation.

Good luck!

Is an augment different from implants?

A breast augmentation is a surgical procedure, performed via various approaches, which employs breast implants to achieve enlargement. In terms of safety and longevity, both silicone and saline are perfectly safe. It is a matter of preference, as are the size of the implants and their safe

Breast Augmentation Usually Means Implants

The term breast augmentation almost always implies the use of breast implants, although occasionally the patients own tissue (such as fat) can be used.  I personally prefer smooth round implants placed below the muscle.  I also prefer silicone to saline implants, but I use both depending upon the patient's reference.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Breast Augmentation is the procedure in which Breast Implants are placed

Thank you for your question.  A breast augmentation is the name for the surgical procedure in which breast implants (either saline or silicone) are placed to provide a patient with more breast volume and fullness.  There are two options for breast implants, saline and silicone, but each type can come in a variety of shapes (round, anatomical, tear drop), profiles (ultra high, high, and moderate) and texture (smooth or textured).  There are pros and cons to each implant and the implant choice is highly specific for each patient.If you are considering having a breast augmentation procedure, I would highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in these procedures.  Based upon your pre-operative anatomy and your cosmetic surgery goals and needs, you and the surgeon of your choosing will create a customized plan of action and select the proper implant for you.  I hope you find this helpful and best of luck!

Implant types

Today, there is no question that silicone implants are your best choice.   Yes, they cost a little less but thy feel like a real breast and you will avoid the surface ripples that are frequently seen with saline implants.

Augmentation vs Implant

Breast augmentation is a procedure that makes the breast larger. In the vast majority of cases, this is accomplished with a breast implant. A large variety of implants are currently available to accomplish this goal. At this point in time, silicone gel implants are the most frequently used implants.