Is my vagina loose? What can I do to tighten it? (photos)

I am 19 years old I have concerns that my vagina is loose for my age. This has had a negative impact on my self esteem. I have never had sex with a guy, but when I was younger I masturbated a lot. I am thinking about having sex and I'm scared that I won't be tight enough. I just tried to make an appt with my doctor and I didn't know what to say so I said never mind and hung up. How can I make my vagina tighter? I hear about lasers, but there are many. Is there a difference? How do I pick?

Any reason that a virgin should have vaginal tightening?

Hello Friend from Long Barn (yes- I know exactly where that is...),

You are totally normal, healthy & attractive in appearance, and I would in no way advise any work, either laser, radiofrequency or surgical be done. That would in my opinion be unethical interferance. You certainly can read about these procedures on my website (see weblink & other areas on the informative site) but-- "...If it ain't broke, don't fix it..." You aren't in any way "...broke!"

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Vaginal looseness

Hi! There is absolutely nothing wrong with your vagina! It appears 100% normal for your age and does not show any signs of laxity! Your vagina does not loosen with masturbation or even having sex for that matter. Typically it takes delivering a baby or several babies to result in laxity , so do not worry bout this nor focus on your vagina at all at this point in your life!! You are normal, it is normal and therefore don't even think about it!! 

Dr Robert D Moore

Robert D. Moore, DO
Atlanta Urogynecologist

Vaginal looseness

at your age is unheard of but if you wish to make it 'tighter', you can do the well known kegel exercises or even consider using that barbell that women hold up with their kegels.  You have nothing to be self conscious about and don't waste any of your time with treatments that cost dollars.

Curtis Wong, MD

Judgement call- too loose vagina?

Based on your images, it does not appear that your perineum or introitus ( entrance to the vagina) is too loose. Besides, at your age and being a virgin is the desired anatomy of many women who present for vaginoplastyand/or vaginal rejuvenation. They frequently have had multiple vaginal deliveries, are older and have other precipitating factors ( heavy lifting, chronic cough ). It will be of benefit to know what made you think that your anatomy is abnormal or that your vagina is too loose? What was the basis for your conclusion? We all are different and have different body-built, including vulvar/vaginal anatomy. Still, I would consider visiting your gynecologist or any trusted gynecologist to be evaluated. most likely reassured and ultimately encouraged to attempt sexual activity. Once you try, then you can decide if your anatomy needs any adjustments. 

Yvonne Wolny, MD

Is your vagina looser than what?

Vaginal looseness or laxity is a relative term. It needs to be compared to something to have meaning. Most women who report vaginal looseness are describing the feeling they experience when they have sex compared to a point in time when it was tighter. It's not something you determine from a photograph. It's unclear why you think your vagina is loose.

Vaginal tightening options

hello and thank you for your question. Although I have not examined you please let me reassure you. Given your virginal status, despite masturbation (unless it was with very large sex toys or items) you are likely not loose. Your photos also suggest you probably have a tight canal. Having sex for the first time can be stressful and women are commonly fraught with anxiety the first time. Please keep in mind that penises come in a variety of shapes and sizes as well so your experience will depend on that. If you decide to proceed with treatment please make sure to have an exam first an a then yes a "laser" like thermiva is the way to go. My patients all like to use thermiva. It is good both for tightening and prevention of laxity and has many other benefits. Best wishes. ~Dr Poucher

Is my vagina loose?

Thank you for your question.   However, before you spend money on lasers for vaginal tightening ( which are amazing ;) ), I would rather you attempt vaginal intercourse safely of course and then see how it feels.

It is very unlikely that you are loose since you have never had intercourse or delivered a baby.  On that note, vaginal tightness is very subjective and the lasers are not going anywhere fast.  So, first have sex and then let us know.

Best of luck

Is my vagina loose

Dear Ms Tallyoh:

Thanks for sharing.  No one can tell you if your vagina is loose, only you can make that decision and this decision can only be made by attempting intercourse.  I have never seen a woman in my 26 year career complain of a loose vagina that never had sex or only had sex one or two times and tell me their vagina was too loose.  My partner and I have operated on more than 9000 patients and 99% of these patients have had a baby.  Masturbation is not going to make you loose.   The likelihood that you have a loose vagina is way less than 1% --- the only way you will know is attempt intercourse.  There is a possibility if you have had a back injury which disturbs the nerves going to your pelvic floor muscles but you can not judge loose but looking at it.   Be brave and try to relax.   I hope this helps.

John R Miklos md

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai