How long after taking phentermine should I wait for a tummy tuck?

I am currently taking phentermine 37.5 mg daily for weight loss. How long after discontinuing this medication will I know that I can maintain my weight, and how long until surgery would be considered safe?

How long after taking phentermine should I wait for a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Phenteremine will interfere with your anesthesia and may cause complications.  You must discontinue weight loss supplements such as phentermine 2-6 weeks before surgery.  Ask your surgeon for his recommendations when to stop.  

Phentermine and surgery

I think that likely this is a good question for who ever prescribed the medication in the first place. Different medications are cleared at different rates from our bodies. Not only might the surgeon be concerned about the presence of the medication in your system, he or she may also be concerned about what effect it may have had on your heart over time. Be sure to bring this up with both your surgeon and the prescribing physician.