Tummy tuck, BBL and breast lift surgery in January 2017. Should I stop exercising?

Should I stop exercising before my tummy tuck, bbl and breast lift surgery in January 2017

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective pre op and  post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Dr. Derby Sang

I recommend you to contact your doctor and go over all your concerns, because we all have the same goal to achieve but different perspective.

Best of luck on your soon surgery.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

You should really ask your surgeon about this as this will depend upon certain individual perspectives of plastic surgeons.

Exercise

You can continue your regular exercise routine right up to your surgery date.  It is a great idea to keep your body as fit and healthy as possible as you prepare it for healing after surgery.  Good luck on your upcoming surgery!

Camille Cash, MD

Find the right surgeon to help you

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Continue Exercising Up Until Your Surgery Date

No, definitely do not stop exercising. You should be closest to your ideal weight as possible before your procedure and it should be stable for at least 6 months. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

In addition to one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even after 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. It is also suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal. Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree. Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Exercising before surgery

I would encourage you to continue your exercise program. You may continue to exercise right up to our surgery, although I would recommend cutting back on the intensity of your workouts for the week before surgery to allow our body to recover and prepare for the stress and demands of surgery and healing. Remember that calories and protein are very important during exercise and post-surgery to allow for appropriate fuel for recovery!

Douglas Leppink, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over - when to stop exercising?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

Unless your surgeon tells you otherwise, you should continue your normal exercise until a day or two before surgery. Exercise is good for the body and will help your healing. To be sure, check with your surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Exercising before surgery

There is no reason to stop exercising before your upcoming procedures. Generally, the better shape you are in before your surgery, the easier recovery you will have. Please consult with your PS for more detailed pre-operative instructions. Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon