Can I have tummy tuck, BBL, and breast lift and implants surgery done at the same time?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend you to combine the Tummy Tuck and BBL and breast implants at the same time. Best of luck

Combining Multiple Procedures

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. 

#Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Bbl and tummy tuck should be staged

Thanks for your question.  Most surgeons will recommend to you that you should not have a tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift at the same time because you will put too much pressure on your Brazilian butt lift and not have an idea result. I would stage the two procedures to get the best results. 

Tummy Tuck - BBL At Same Time?

Thank you for your question. I do not think it is a good idea to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. I believe you will have better results if you stage the procedures. First do liposuction to harvest fat from the hips, flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This fat can be used for the BBL. Once you have recovered from Stage 1, a tummy tuck can be performed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck. 

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Yes these procedures can be performed together.  However, for health and safety reasons, I would recommend that you stage them for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Combining tummy tuck, BBL and breast lift with implants

It is possible to combine several procedures at once, however this combination of procedures (tummy tuck, BBL, and breast lift with implants) is most likely too much for just one procedure. I would need to examine you in person and review your health history to see if it would be safe for you to have this all done at once. Even if it is safe for you to undergo the surgery, you should keep in mind that you would have a pretty uncomfortable recovery considering all of the procedures. You should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about whether or not it is a good idea for you to undergo all procedures at once or if it would be better to separate them into 2 procedures. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Tummy tuck, breast lift, implants and BLL - all at one time?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over and BBL.

• You can have these done together - the question is whether it's wise.
  • If you are slim and your surgeon can do the surgery in 6 hours or less, it is safe enough to do.
  • But you will find your recovery difficult because there will be no comfortable position as it will hurt lying on your back or your stomach.
  • You can sleep on your sides but generally most surgeons will recommend that you have the BBL done before the mommy make-over
  • Tummy tuck risks do rise with multiple procedures - and it makes sense to stay on the safer side.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Staging procedures

I would recommend staging these procedures into two separate surgeries. The first being a tummy tuck and breast augmentation/lift which can be done simultaneously then followed by a BBL. A tummy tuck & breast augmentation generally take around 4-6 months to fully heal then even longer for the scar to soften in appearance. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

Yes you can if the doctor has evaluated your case and your physical conditions  allow to have the procedures with safety.  It is common in our practice to have those procedures  together

Combining procedures

Combining procedures is common but this combination may be a lot.   In terms of safety, it's best to keep operative time under 6 hours.  Also, keep in mind that you have to stay off your buttocks for several weeks after a BBL, which can make it difficult on other areas of the body if you had surgery there too.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS