Can I lose weight after my BBL procedure and will I lose the fat transfer to my butt if I lose weight?

Loosing Weight Post BBL?

Thank you for your question! If you are gaining weight the first place the weight will go will be the areas you had fat injected to.  If you are to loose overall weight your butt may go down.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified

Plastic Surgeon

Chicago

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Loosing Weight Post BBL?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified

Plastic Surgeon

Chicago

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question. Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery. For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30. In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight Loss after BBL

If you lose weight after BBL, you will lose some of the volume. I recommend youn be at your goal weight prior to the procedure and maintain that weight. Best of luck!

Weight Loss after BBL

BBL

Weight fluctuation can affect your results post operatively, this is why I always recommend to my patients to reach their goal weight and remain at that stable weight for at least 3-6 months before they chose to have their procedure done. This allows for optimal results and reduces complications or dissatisfaction down the road. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

BBL

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery

After BBL

Thank you for your question. After a BBL with Fat Transfer, the fat thats in your bum will act like fat all over your body. If you lose weight, you will lose fat from your bum as well. It is recommended to be at your goal weight before the procedure so as to maximum and sustain results. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

After BBL

BBL

Thank you for your question. If you lose weight, fat can be lost anywhere including your buttocks; however, usually 70% of the fat transferred will stay forever. 

Hope this helps,

Dr, Newall 

BBL

Hope this helps,

Dr, Newall