How long do I have to wear garment after tummy tuck and BBL?

Compression garment after tummy tuck

Please ask your surgeon for their recommendation. Each surgeon has a different opinion on this matter. It also depends on how your body recovers from your surgery. Generally speaking, I recommend that the garment be worn for 6 weeks or so.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Post Op Compression Garment

The specific type of garment and timeline for use depends on your surgeon's preferences. I would recommend 6 weeks typically.

All the best

Wearing garment after surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Every surgeons protocol is different and every patient heals differently. Ask your doctor what he recommends for you based off of your healing.

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment Post Tummy Tuck

Every surgeon has his or her own unique post op protocol so you are going to need to speak with your surgeon. Some don't require a compression garment. Typically, if they do, it is 3-6 weeks. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

I like patients to wear a garment for at least 3-6 weeks.  Some surgeons do not use garments, so it is best to ask your surgeon.

Greetings

Thank you for your question, normally I recommend my patients to wear for 3 to 6 weeks also this will depend on the surgeon.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Compression Garment?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent tummy tuck. I recommend wearing a compression garment for 4 - 6 weeks following tummy tuck surgery. Marena makes quality post operative support garments. You should also follow your plastic surgeon's advice regarding level of physical activity and use of a compression garment. Hope this helps!

Liposuction garment

Thank you for your question. Typically I have my patients wear their post treatment garments for about six weeks. This helps to reduce swelling  and improve contour after surgery. 

Kenneth A. Godwin, DO
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment

It is important to discuss this with your plastic surgeon because every surgeon has a slightly different aftercare protocol. If you are unclear of their instructions then I would ask them to clarify and be specific. I recommend keeping the compression garment on for at least 4-6 weeks for optimal results and swelling reduction and recommend refraining from sitting and putting pressure on the buttocks for the first 3 weeks. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon