I had a Volift yesterday. Any advice? (photos)

had Volift to try to address depression in mid cheek where fat pad has separated. But this now looks worse and the product is clearly seen above the depression i wanted to get rid of. I can feel the product on the depression, so it is there but looks terrible. Any advice please, I thought Volift was a superior product?

Problems after Volift Treatment

If you received Volift in the US (your location is indicated as being in Ohio) it should have been as part of a clinical trial as Volift is not FDA approved for use in the US.   In that scenario you should notify the study coordinator or physician who performed the injection that you are having a problem.  If you received Volift in the US at a site that was not part of a clinical trial then the product was not obtained legally through the manufacturer (Allergan).

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Appearance after Injections

It 's usually best to wait at least 2 weeks before seeking additional treatment, or treatment reversal when it comes to fillers, in my opinion.

Volift results

U have a difficult problem as the depression you're concerned with is in the superficial skin & not deep. Typically I use Voluma as a cheek or mid face filler but I place it deep on the bone which elevates from bottom up & doesn't correct a superficial depression as u might have ( love to see preinjection photos ) 
if my assessment is correct I would suggest alternative Fractional Lasers or Radiofrequency to Rx this skin problem in addition to possible other superficial fillers . Hope I haven't confused u !

Jerrold Gendler, MD, FRCS

I had a Volift yesterday. Any advice?

Must wait a few weeks to see the decrease in swelling. Maybe you needed additional volume or I might try a Silhouette Lift... 

Mid cheek volume loss

I think it would be helpful to see before photos for the best guidance.  It does seem like there is some swelling which can happen, however, I would recommend re-visiting your doctor.  Typically even during the early phase the product looks better rather than worse; You may require more product for an optimal result however, placement of the product and correction of volume loss is an art and is best performed by an expert. Please chose a board certified Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon with a great reputation for your best results.

Malar grooves

Thank you for your question and photos.
It looks like you have mid-malar fat compartment volume loss with resulting appearance of grooving or 'gap'.
Volume replacement is one of the methods of treatment (what you have had) but also closing 'the gap' by thread lift (Mini-face lift technique ) helps to restore tissue laxity contributing to the problem.
See your doctor about your Volift and ask what they can do to improve the situation. May just waiting a little longer is a good idea as some tissue tightening will occur due to collagen production around the filler.
Patient's own fat transferred to malar area gives more natural filling effect that hyaluronic acid based fillers like Volift.