Nose job and Laparoscopic hysterectomy at once?

Im having a hysterectomy its a pretty easy procedure according to my doctor but ive been planning a nose job for a while and want to have it at the same time just so its easier and my recovery is shorter. I haven't actually had a nose job consultation yet so im not sure how long it will take to plan it all so my questions are - Will i be able to have them together - How long do these things take to plan - Anything other thoughts or suggestions?

A rhinoplasty can safely be performed with other surgeries if both surgeons are on board.

Thank you for your question. I understand the occasional patient request to combine two or more surgeries at the same time to reduce the amount of time off from work or other activities. We are all busy and it may be impossible to take off the time needed separately. I would start by asking the OB/Gyn if they are comfortable with that. Usually I would recommend the rhinoplasty as the second procedure if it is body or orthopedic in nature as it is the "dirty" procedure with respect to infection. The surgery center where I do most of my rhinoplasties has many other specialities that can accommodate diverse patient needs.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Dr. Wayne

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Probably, but probably not the best idea

For a multitude of reasons its probably not the best idea.   Rhinoplasty is an artistic surgery usually performed in an outpatient basis. The other surgery is more of a medical need which may require hospitalization, etc.  I would recommend doing the medical need first, and the cosmetic rhino later down the road!

All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Nose job and laparoscopy hysterectomy at once

There are many factors to look into when considering performing both procedures together.  A  laparoscopic hysterectomy is usually performed in a hospital setting, while a rhinoplasty as performed in a outpatient surgery center facility.  A hospital setting can be quite expensive  for cosmetic surgery.  It is also a challenge to get both surgeons to perform the procedures simultaneously.   It is also important to determine how long each procedure will take under general anesthesia, and should not exceed 5-6 hours.  Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your Surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience.  

Rhinoplasty and hysterectomy can be done together

Both these opeartions can be done together. Planning starts now with a consultation with a plastic surgeon. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty and Hysterectomy

This is one of those questions which I have to say is technically feasible, but is it a good idea? Hysterectomy can go very smoothly in terms of recovery and can also be quite difficult.  Secondly, blood loss in a hysterectomy can also be substantial.  I am not sure that I would be the biggest fan of this combination. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon