What is wrong with my nose? (Photos)

My nose looks normal in the mirror but every time someone takes a picture of me or I take a picture of it, it always looks dodgy and each side looks a different kind of shape and from the front view it looks slanted sort of, help determine what is wrong with my nose and how to fix it.

What is wrong with my nose?

Hello katelondon123 - Thanks for your question. You have a normal amount of asymmetry in the shape and position of your nasal structures. This explains why you seen things so differently in pictures. From the frontal view, you can see that your nose deviates to the right slightly. This is all it takes to make photos look different from the right vs. left sides. A rhinoplasty procedure to further straighten your nose can make this asymmetry negligible. You should also consider non-surgical rhinoplasty using injectable filler to camouflage the asymmetry you see. The procedure can be done in office but the results are temporary, unlike surgical rhinoplasty. A consultation with a rhinoplasty expert in your area can help you decide which approach suits you more. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

What is wrong with my nose?

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about what is wrong with the nose.  In addition, an in-person examination is required to discuss a rhinoplasty procedure.  Nasal and Facial asymmetry to some degree is normal.  A rhinoplasty procedure can help make the nose are symmetrical, but there is no perfect nose.  For many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below