What's wrong with my eyes? One eye is more bulging and it has a lid retraction (Photos)

I'm not sure if it is a upper or lower kid retraction. What do you think and what's the cause of this. I also have strabismus in the same eye . The first photo is when I was 5-6 years old and the other photos are of my eyes now. My eyes were tiny bit bigger when I was small and gradually grew

Bulging eye and eyelid retraction: what could it be?

The number one cause for your described concern is thyroid eye disease, but there are many others.  Most of the time patients will be hyperthyroid, but can also have completely normal thyroid function.  A tumor of the eye socket can also cause this.  I would get evaluated by an oculoplastic surgeon soon to be sure nothing very serious is going on and to get a baseline to help follow for any progression and worsening.  Best regards. 

Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bulging eyes

You would need to have a consultation with an oculoplastic specialist to do a thorough evaluation. But the most common reason is an overactive thyroid condition. But you will need a complete work up and probable CT scan to find the definitive cause.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bulging eye/lid retraction

There are a number of reasons you may be noticing this and it requires a thorough evaluation to determine which one(s). see an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon/facial plastic surgeon/oculoplastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Bulging eyes

From the photographs you do seem to have some asymmetry of the eyes. A lid and orbital exam would be most helpful to answer your questions. You may have myopia, a natural cause of axial growth of the eyes during teenage years, or you might have thyroid related problems. It is impossible to determine from photographs. I would recommend seeing and Oculoplastic specialist in your area so that you get accurate answers from an experienced physician who knows what to look for on examination. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bulging eyes

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. There are numerous causes for the appearance of your eyelids. The cause can only be determined by in person evaluation with an Oculoplastic Surgeon. I hope this is helpful.  Good luck,