How will my wound heal? It's separating more every day. Will I be badly scarred and will I need implants removing? (Photos)

8 weeks post op. Left nipple healed lovely but the Right one has been problematic for 6 weeks. Spat out lots of dissolvable stitches, then the clear purse string stitch surfaced and is poking out in 3 areas around the separated wound. I've had 5 courses of anti biotics. I need to know what the surgeon will do to correct this please? I'm losing patience as I'm not getting any answers from the hospital.

Delayed wound healing

Unfortunately this sort of thing occasionally happens when we tighten skin on the outside at the same time we are stretching it from the inside.  As long as there is no evidence of infection, it is unlikely that the implant will need to be removed.  Keep the incisions clean and covered with ointment and a light dressing and they should heal.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon.  Once healing is complete, you can discuss scar revision.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

How will my wound heal? It's separating more every day. Will I be badly scarred and will I need implants removing?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Spitting sutures

Thank you for your question and pics.  I am sorry you are having problems healing the one side. We all have these issues now and then.  We have to wait until everything heals and scar softens over time and then it can be redone in 6 months.  The toughest part is being patient as you go through this.  Stay in touch with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck.