Worried about the result of my breast lift. (photos)

Problem on the sides, one more than the other. Is it normal? Will it change the shape? I'm 8 weeks post op.

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Don't worry yet

I wouldn't worry until at least 3-6 months after surgery.  You have to give everything time to settle out.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Right side tightness

Your right side demonstrates mid breast tightness; this will relax with time; this is caused by more generous excision of tissue with resulting lack of breast skin.

Arian Mowlavi, MD, FACS

Post op asymmetry will likely be much less once everything settles

Thanks for your question and the photos. It can be very frustrating to have an asymmetry following the surgery. It looks like the breast pillars were tightened a little more on the right and resulted in some pull laterally. Usually this settles out over a few months once the sutures absorb. Your surgeon will hopefully be able to articulate the technique that was used and explain the outcome. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD