Wondering if my Implants have dropped?

I have 450cc under the muscle implants and went from a 32c to a 32f at the age of 18, but now my implants seem to have dropped and I can feel rumpled implant near the scar (under breast fold) does this require a full uplift and revision to achieve a higher sitting implant that holds a better shape? Included front and side view photo for example of drop and photo of how I want them to look!

Placement of Implants Post-Op

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION:

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

Without knowing how far you are into your healing process it is hard to determine definitely how much longer it may take. If you are concerned or worried at all you should visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Implant position seems ok

Thanks for the question and the photos. All implants settle. I'm uncertain as to how much time has elapsed and what type of implant you have. It is very normal to feel the implant at the bottom of the pocket where there is no muscle coverage. If your desire is lift the position of the implant, this can possibly be done using an internal mesh support. Unfortunately there are just too many unknowns to adequately answer in this forum. An exam obviously essential. Hopefully you can find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to assist you. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Wondering if my Implants have dropped?

Difficult to tell base on your photographs if you have "bottoming out" of the breast implants. However, it is clear based on your goal picture, that revisionary breast surgery, involving capsulorraphy ( adjustment of the breast implant capsules) may be necessary to achieve an outcome that you will be happier with.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Yes

I am suspicious that when your implants were first placed they were positioned higher on your chest.  It is normal for them to settle a little bit in the first weeks after surgery as swelling goes away and the pectoralis muscle relaxes.  Over time, they can stretch out the pocket, and with the aid of gravity, migrate further towards the bottom of the breast.  Now, the space (or pocket) around the implant is too low on the chest wall at the fold under the breast.  To repair this problem, this pocket must be made smaller at the bottom to lift the implant back up higher on the chest wall. This process requires an operation. Know that it may be difficult or impossible to ever surgically lift them as far as you have with your bra. I would agree with you, however, that a modest lift of the implant would give you a better overall look. 

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Wondering if my Implants have dropped?

Thank you for your question and photo.  It would take a surgical modification of your implant pocket to push the implants higher.  The appearance that you have in the bikini top look excellent  and it is important to understand that with breast implants regardless of a pocket revision require a bra or bikini to achieve that appearance that you want.  However closing down the lower portion of the pocket and reestablishing the inframammary crease can be done surgically and will lift the implants.