One week after teosyal kiss, and I still have bumpy, uneven lips. Will they smooth out? (Photo)

I had teosyal kiss lip fillers a week ago for more volume in my smaller top lip. I thought the bumping may be swelling at first but do not feel like it is swelling at all and all bruising is gone. They are very noticeable and some areas (side of my lip) seem to have no filler in at all. Is this normal? Will it smooth out? Is there anything I or the doctor can do because I do not want them dissolved because I like how big they are or done again due to recovery time however I am not happy now!

Still needs time to settle

Hi there,
It is absolutely normal for you to feel worried after getting a cosmetic procedure. However, getting injections in the lip may cause some swelling and sensitivity for up to 2 to 3 weeks. Some people sooner some later, so there is nothing you should be worried about considering you just recently had them injected. It's very important to communicate clearly with your plastic surgeon on your expectations for any lip enhancement procedure so your doctor knows how to proceed with the quantity of product required for your procedure. If you still feel worried after 2 weeks, I suggest going in for an in person followup appointment where you can have your injector inspect your areas of concern.
Good luck!

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

It is common to get swelling after fillers into the lips. It is not normal to have irregularities or severe swelling. If you are unhappy you should speak to your physician and have the area injected with hyaluronidase, an enzyme that reverses the hyaluronic acid filler. For the next injections, consider Restylane Silk with cannula injection, this technique will limit the pain, swelling or bruising after the filler placement. It often takes up to two weeks for swelling to subside on its own. Find an expert in filler injections for your future treatments. Best, Dr. Emer.