Vaser lipo or traditional? (Photo)

Would vaser lipo work on the results I want or is it best to get tradional liposuction would This be more effective and a better result ? I only want on my abdomen and flanks. To be flat.

From your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get an improved  result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.  You may or may not need a Tummy Tuck afterwards based on the skin retraction component of the Vaser.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Vaser Liposuction Results

Thank you for your question about Vaser Liposuction.

It is likely that you could get excellent results from many different types of liposuction.  It is the operator (surgeon) who is the most important determining variable. Plus, you must have good skin tone & quality and follow all instructions carefully.

To be sure what might be right for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Vaser Liposuction combined with Abdominoplasty

You are very good candidate for vaser liposuction. Vaser Liposuction should be done at your thighs ,waist and hips.

For achieving a better result a mini abdominoplasty procedure can be added.

So you will get flat as you wish and your body will be reshaped.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction versus Traditional Liposuction

The difference between Vaser liposuction and "traditional" liposuction is simply this - Vaser entails using ultrasound to break up the fat before it is sucked out. With traditional liposuction, that step is omitted. Fat will be sucked out with BOTH types. You will get better skin retraction with Vaser. This is especially important for you as it is evident from your stretch marks and abdominal skin fold that you have loose skin. An abdominoplasty is the solution for loose skin, not liposuction. However, if your more interested in looking good in clothing, liposuction may be a satisfactory solution for you. Also, Vaser breaks up the fat, making it easier to come out with suction. The easier it is, the faster it will come out, the faster your procedure. BOTH types will give results instantly as your volume will be decreased either way with liposuction. It will take up to 6 months for the swelling to subside, and sometimes longer. I'm always way of "ideal" photos from magazines and the internet as they are almost always altered or photoshopped. Have you surgeon show you body types similar to yours that s/he has worked on to see if you'd get a similar result. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

By doing a VASER Hi definition procedure you will get much more contouring, shaping and skin tightening. Hi definition procedures give results instantly, the final result should be seen by 3-6 months. I suggest consulting with a VASER Hi definition contouring specialist for further evaluation. You will need skin removed to be fully flat though.  Best, Dr. Emer

Vaser or "Traditional" Lipo?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Before I answer your question, let me give you a little background on me.  I have been doing liposuction of all kinds for the past 10 years and I am a big fan of Vaser.  I have used power-assisted liposuction (PAL), laser lipolysis (such as "SmartLipo" and others), water-assisted liposuction (Body Jet), and good old-fashioned arm-assisted liposuction.  The bottom line is they ALL work!  What many people think of when they think, "traditional" liposuction is large-bore, aggressive suction cannulas and surgeons sweating hard as they work to remove fat.  That kind of liposuction has become the exception rather than the rule and most liposuction surgeons use much smaller and less aggressive cannulas these days.  They are safer, more comfortable to the patient (therefore can be done under minimal sedation), and result in a lower risk of divots and dimples with faster recovery and less postoperative pain.  In your photos, I notice that you have some skin laxity of the abdomen, especially below the belly button.  The skin usually does tighten to some degree after any kind of liposuction, even "traditional," but devices that generate heat, such as Vaser or laser, will produce a bit more skin tightening.  You should be counseled about the option of a tummy tuck as well, because, if your goal is to have a "flat" tummy, that is probably the best way to do it.  With that said, I would certainly be willing to attempt liposuction on you, but I would not be able to guarantee that your lower abdomen would be flat, because there may simply be too much loose skin for that to be possible with liposuction alone.  Another option would be the addition of a ThermiTight procedure done at the same time as the liposuction.  ThermiTight produces significantly better skin tightening than any laser or Vaser.  The best advice I can give you would be to go have a consultation at 2 or more offices and look at a lot of before-and-after pictures and ask pointed questions about what kind of results you can expect.  Then go with the doctor/office that gives you the answers you seek, regardless of what technology they have.  I do think that the addition of something to address skin laxity will give you the best result you can get with liposuction.

Vaser lipo

• Hello, thank you for your questions and your photos. I am a current use of her vaser liposuction and had been performing various forms of liposuction for the past 20 years. Although I certainly do like this approach I believe that you can get good results also utilizing a traditional approach. The most important determinate of your results will be the surgeon that you choose for this procedure. I would recommend that you seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in these procedures. Look at there before and after photos. Check their reputation in the community. Best of luck with your decision.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction

Based on the photos you provided, Vaser Liposuction will work best. The vaser has been known to give patients about 53% more skin tightening than traditional liposuction.

You do have a bit of relaxation in the abdomen, You may expect to have a flatter tummy, but you will have mild relaxed skin. I highly suggest for you to consult with a physician that specializes in vaser and traditional liposuction to provide you with additional information based on your body in person.