So upset with rhinoplasty, nose crooked and still have bump. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had open rhino 4 months ago and am quite upset with the results. In pictures my nose looks wonky and curved to one side, and to top it off there is still a dorsal hump, my doc told me I have thick oily skin which I know doesn't help healing but surely i shouldn't look like this at 4 months? I did my research and picked a well respective private plastic surgeon and ENT specialist. Can't believe this has happened. Please help do I need revision? Should I changed doctor?

Unhappy with Rhinoplasty

I am sorry that you are having a difficult time right now.  I know that 4 months seems like a long time for healing, but not when it comes to nose surgery.  Your nose is still evolving and it is too early to consider a revision operation. However, it is not too early to discuss your concerns with your surgeon in a non-adversarial manner. Most surgeons want their patients to be happy and to showcase their best work in the community. Work with your surgeon to reach a good outcome. No need to change doctors at this time. Best wishes.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the photos and sorry you are unhappy.  Go back to your surgeon and in a non confrontational manner express your concerns.  All surgeons want Happy patients

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Unhappy after #rhinoplasty

First, I'm sorry you are not happy at this point with your rhinoplasty. You are still early in the healing process for this type of surgery. There will still be changes as the swelling decreases over the next 6-8 months. I would recommend going back to your surgeon and discussing your thoughts. A good relationship with your surgeon necessitates good communication. They should be able to talk to you about the outcome after surgery and also discuss the process for any revision, if necessary.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon