Is upper lip darkening after laser hair removal permanent?

I am trying to treat it from 3 months with chemical peel, vit c, retin a and cosmelan cream but there is no improvement at all. is it permanent? Doctor diagnosed melasma. since it only occurred after laser and developed in the same pattern as laser was applied, could it also be PIH? Derm has advised use of HQ 10% now. do you think that can diminish this darkening? what are the chances? I already have melasma on my cheeks.

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation From Lasers -- Skin Lightening, Light Peels, microsecond YAG

I suggest seeing an expert in lasers and pigmentation, a cosmetic dermatologist who treats a lot of dark skinned patients who have these issues naturally.  You will need a combiantion approach and different laser hair removal device like Aerolase or the like.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Do chemical peel with vi peel to whole face-safe and effective on any color of skin.You could then use bleaching cream if necessary for residual color .You could also be treated by Sciton Halo or Picosure photorejuevenation for melasma

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon