Upper eyelid surgery 5 weeks ago; I have bumps from inside stitching not dissolving. What should I do?

I had the upper eyelid surgery 5 weeks ago but still in the inner corner of my eye are the bumps which it is the inside stitching are not dissolve what should I do.

Bumps along incision follow upper eyelid surgery

You are still in the healing process and the bumps your mention are not unusual.  However, it is always appropriate to call your plastic surgeon and share you concerns.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bumps along incision line after upper eyelid surgery

Although eyelids heal very well after surgery, it is not unusual to have some small bumps along the incision line and especially when absorbable sutures are used. 

It is important to be patient with the healing process, and if there are any questions you should see your surgeon. 

Haena Kim, MD
Walnut Creek Facial Plastic Surgeon

Incision issue

Incisions for the eyes usually heals well with time. It is a bit early. If you have any concerns, you should address them with your surgeon.

Eyelid bumps

These small firm areas almost ALWAYS go completely away over a period of months. It is distinctly uncommon for upper eyelid scars to do poorly. Be patient.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Bumps along blepharoplasty incision line

Nearly all patients who have absorbable sutures in their blepharoplasty incision go through a stage of healing that feels very bumpy. A majority of patients find that this resolves spontaneously over several months. I usually suggest continuing some lubrication at bedtime in the irregular areas - ophthalmic ointment preferably. If absorbable sutures are still present at this point, it may be that they need lubrication to dissolve - or better yet - see your surgeon so that he/she can remove visible remnants under magnification. There is a period of time during healing - typically 4-6 weeks, when the incisions appear to be more red and thickened or bumpy. This is most likely a natural part of healing, but it is important to see your surgeon for reassurance that your healing is going in the right direction. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

What to do about bumps along suture line 5 weeks post blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your question. It can take up to a full year for the scar following blepharoplasty to completely resolve. Considering you are only 5 weeks post op, you should see significant improvement in a few months. Follow up with your doctor.
Good luck,