Unhappy with my gynecomastia + Lipo surgery. What are your thoughts? (Photo)

I had Lipo and gyno removal done three weeks ago. I am terribly disappointed with it I believe I needed way more Lipo. My close ones agree with me in fact some people cannot even tell the difference unless I point out my before and after pics. It's seem there's been minimum Lipo with hardly any 'sideboob removed'. i still look ridiculous in tshirts and the large shape of each breast is very visible still. What are your thoughts? Also I have tender hard lumps under my nipples. When will they go? Thank you

Time will help improve your result

I think the difference between your before and after photos is dramatic and impressive. The body takes a long time to heal from liposuction. It can take up to 3 months for the skin to retract after liposuction. Given that you only had a periareolar incision, I think it is really impressive that your skin has retracted from its pendulous shape to where it is now. This is a very positive thing, as your result should continue to improve. Don't be despondent- the only way is up! But you do have to be patient. 

When to Consider a Revision to Gynecomastia Surgery

Your #incisions will go through a maturation process following #Gynecomastia surgery . For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. 

Healing after Gynecomastia surgery.

You are way too early to be disappointed about your surgery as you have only just begun to heal and shrink. As a mater of fact you are still swollen from the surgical procedure which looks like it was done well. Your chest is going to change for the next year and your improvement will be significant.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Unhappy with my gynecomastia + Lipo surgery. What are your thoughts?

Hi there
congrats on your surgery.
Three weeks is a little too early to comment on results following gynaecomastia as there is significant amount of swelling remaining.
Please wait for atleast 8 to 10 weeks and continue wearing your compression garment.
Make sure  you convey your reservations to your surgeon
Best of luck