Uneven love handles after 4 weeks? (photo)

Hey, I had lipo 4 weeks ago and now I'm looking in the mirror and one side is much bigger ! Is this normal could it be from swelling. I'm getting scared

Liposuction

Liposuction is great for instant-gratification seekers, but don't fret if you still see imperfections in your shape several weeks later. It can take 4 months, even a year, to get an accurate picture of how the body will look once the swelling subsides and everything settles into place. Liposuction patients who started out especially overweight will have to bide their time before realizing their dream results, because it takes several weeks for skin to redrape over the new area and for tissue to heal completely.

Asymmetry after liposuction

4 weeks is too early as there may be temporary swelling on one side.  I think a minimum of 3 months is more prudent.  Some would say 6 months.

William Jervis, Jr., MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Feeling Uneven after liposuction--add Venus Legacy, Vanquish, Cellutone

Swelling can last up to 6 months after your procedure and it is normal to feel uneven at times. I do recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Uneven love handles 4 weeks after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• One side of our body always heals faster than the other -
  • And the two sides never look identical
  • You are stil in the early phases of healing
  • Let your surgeon know of your concern but be patient and wait at least 6 months before assessing your final result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post - operative recovery period. Swelling may be asymmetric and will gradually subside over the next three - six months. You may wear a compression garment over the next several months if you feel it helps. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS