Tweezing hair out 1 month after FUE beard transplant

I kept the recipient area moist with ointment post op so no scabs formed. Now at 1 month, almost no hair fell out. Some have grown, others penetrated deeper into my skin, possibly from sleeping on the side, and are causing skin problems. I was able to tweeze the hair out smoothly without force (unlike plucking), and I don't see bulbs on the hair. Am I correct that some hairs are simply left over dead hairs? Should I continue to use a tweezer to help them come out if they cause skin problems?

It would be best to contact your doctor if you are having issues. You shouldn't be tweezing out your hair after surgery.

It would be best to contact your doctor if you are having issues.  You shouldn't be tweezing out your hair after surgery.  

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Tweezing out grafts

You are probably right in your logic; however, I generally tell my patients to leave the grafts alone as the risk of infection rises as you mess with your grafts

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon