Tummy tuck and lipo question, when can I have intercourse?

I had tummy tuck and liposuction 10 days ago I have no drains in. I want to know when can me and my husband be close again in the bedroom how will it take so we can have intercourse

Post Operative Intercourse

For specific details such as when you can resume physical activity, it’s best to consult with your surgeon; however average recovery time is roughly two weeks to a month for these combined procedures. It really depends on how extensive your surgery was and how well you’re healing, which is why communication with your surgeon is so important.

Post Op Intercourse

In my practice I advise 3 weeks with no cardio exercise post op and another 3 with no strenuous activity/lifting/abdominal strain. This would likely rule out intercourse for that time. I recommend that you talk this over with your Plastic Surgeon so that they can let you know what their advice is.

All the best

Intercourse after an abdominoplasty

I would recommend not raising your heart rate or sweating for 2.5 weeks and not lifting more than 20 lbs for 6 wks.  These are guidelines and you can interpret them in this setting and come to your own conclusions.  Hope that helps.  

How long after TT and LIPO can you have intercourse?

Thank you so much for your question!  Too often, I see patients rushing back into to intimacy and it can result in a very unwanted outcome. I recommend my patients to wait at least 6 weeks before attempting sex again. And as always follow your plastic surgeon's post operative instruction.  Best of luck in your recovery!

Fred Hackney, MD

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific information/advice. He/she knows exactly what was done and how you are progressing. Concerns would include an increase in heart rate and the potential for bleeding. Muscle spasm may be painful. Obviously, significant pressure on the surgical site is not a good idea either. It is not uncommon for patients to report increased swelling that occurs after vigorous exercise (including sexual activity), even several months after tummy tuck surgery.

Intercourse after Tummy tuck

This is a very important issue and you will get various answers.  In my opinion you can have intercourse 4 weeks after a tummy tuck.  This also depends on how well you are healing.

Intercourse following abdominoplasty

I usually tell patients that they can be a "passive partner" after 3 or 4 weeks if everything is healing well. More strenuous activity, (just like exercise) should be delayed for at least 6 weeks. There are many types of abdominoplasty procedures and post operative instructions vary greatly among plastic surgeons. Always clear such activities with your surgeon who knows best about your individual situation. Congratulations for what sounds like a very appealing result. 

Bruce K. Smith, MD

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Exercise?

Thank you for your question. Most patients are cleared to exercise by six weeks following a tummy tuck. It is best to have an in-person follow up examination with your plastic surgeon regarding any concerns you may have, including return to intercourse. Good luck in your recovery.