Tummy tuck and lipo - the top part of belly is really sore and swollen after 9 days

I had lower and top of abdomen done and liposuction. But now 9 days after the top part of belly is really sore and swollan is this ok

Swelling after tummy tuck

Thanks for your question.

It is normal to still have pain and some swelling at 9 days. However, if the swelling is new, be sure to let your surgeon know about it so he/she can ensure you don't have a fluid collection that needs attention. Hang in there, because as the weeks go by, tummy tuck pain and swelling should improve. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Thank you for your question. At 9 days its still very early in your healing process. Swelling and soreness is normal during this time. As the weeks go by, you should be feeling better and the swelling should go down. If you have any conecrns contact your surgeon.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Without seeing pictures hard to comment. It is normal to have some swelling at this point. Please talk to your surgeon

Pain after tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry and it is not uncommon to still have some pain and swelling after a tummy tuck, but without examining you it is impossible to know if your symptoms are normal or represent something wrong, please call your surgeon to discuss.  

Hello dear, thanks for your post. Is really normal to be swollen after a tummy tuck. Some of my patients have had success in reducing the swelling by having lymphatic drainage massage treatments and using the compression garment.  Be patient-it takes a good 3 months for swelling to go down. But I recommend to follow you PS instructions. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

DrDerby

Thank you for your question. It is very normal to be swollen and sore after only 9 days. Please talk to your surgeon to see if everything is normal. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD