Treatments for nicer skin? (photos)

Hi all, I'm looking for treatments to improve to look of my skin. It is not smooth and flawless as I would like is there any treatments for this? Would a skin peel work? Someone suggested I obagi nu derm? I have a little redness on my cheeks. I'd say my skin is combination as gets VERY oily but also can be dry especially in winter. Thank you for any answers

Doctor Answers 4

More Beautiful skin with peels, lasers, and creams

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It can take a combination of treatments to give you the best combination of results.  Fraxel or Clear and Brilliant (mini-Fraxel) give your skin a beautiful glow and remove pigmentation.  Chemical peels, especially combined with Retinols and other skin care products will rejuvenate your skin and have lasting results.  Best, Dr. Green

Nicer skin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should be able to improve the  appearance of your skin with a good skin care program. Obagi Nu Derm is one option but there are many others including Obagi's newer skin care line called ZO Health.  Once on a program, further improvement may be obtained with other options such as chemical peels or laser treatments. Obtain a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon near you to discuss these options in greater detail.

Improving appearance of skin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The photo does not demonstrate what you are describing; however, most women shold be on some type of skin care program. it should include an exfoliator (retinoic acid product and/or peel), a toner, a moisturizer, and a sunblock. There are a number of companies that offer this help for the skin. Check with your plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a recommendation for a physician strength skin care regimen.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 55 reviews

Skin Improvement -- Clear + Brilliant/Fraxel, VIVA, PRP, Microneedling, Fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest speaking to a cosmetic dermatologist who can work with you for long term maintenance.  There are many options for you with combining lasers, fillers and skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.