I'm a transvestite would like real breasts. How much would it cost?

Male 46 I would like real breasts how much do they cost

Thank you for your question!  The average of breast implants depend on the plastic surgeon and city.  Normally they can range from 5500.00 to 8500.00 depending on type of implants.  I advise you to find a board certified plastic surgeon who preforms these routinely.  Remember cheaper is not always better when it comes to cosmetic surgery.  Best of luck!Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

The national average cost for breast augmentation and United States listed by Realself.com is $6300.  However and major cities very experienced plastic surgeons can cost 7500 to up to $10,000.

Breast Augmentaiton

The total fee for a breast augmentation at the Sullivan Centre in Columbus, Ohio is about $6400. Fees may vary based on your geographical area. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Trans-gender Breast Augmentation

The general cost for trans-gender breast augmentations are around the same cost as female breast augmentations. Consult with your local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  to find out if you are a candidate for surgery. Thank you for question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider,  type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. You may find the attached link helpful as you learn more. Best wishes.