How much does the tip rotate post an open approach for a septoplasty?

My nose looks shorter and the shape has changed post septoplasty. The bridge is swollen and so has the tip. I have had this procedure twice before but the doctors previously took a closed approach. My nose nose looks different to the previous post operative shape. In particular the tip has rotated and so I have a piggy nose.

Open approach for septoplasty?

The open approach is usually used for rhinoplasty, not a septoplasty. If the shape of the nose has changed after the your surgical procedure, then you had a rhinoplasty procedure, not a septoplasty. It's always best to check  with your operative surgeon, since they're the one that perform your surgery.  For more information about the differences between a rhinoplasty and a septoplasty, please see the video below