Thinking about a breast augmentation. What are my options? (Photo)

Since the age of 14 I have always wanted my breasts enlarged. I still would love this done, its my ultimate dream. I would love double FF cup, but i'm not sure, if that is realistic or possible for me. Yes, i know, they'll be unnaturally big afterwards, but i'd like to know, if it's possible to make my dream real - or if it should stay a dream forever.

Thinking about a breast augmentation. What are my options?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... you can have your dream come true, they could be a little heavy with time.. But it can be possible. 

Thank you for the question. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “very natural” or "FF cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Larger breasts

I understand your desire to have larger breasts. However, I must warn you of the consequences. Gravity does not cease to exist on your chest, so the added weight will undoubtedly increase your chances in needing a breast lift. Implants are heavy and cause a myriad of risks and complications. Please visit the breast augmentation revision forum on this site for real stories from real patients. I hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implant / Anatomic cohesive gel implants / Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Augmentation

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   It is important to remember that as implant size goes up, the natural amount of breast tissue you have goes down, and the less natural a result you get. One technique to have a more 'natural' result while still having a large augmentation is to use shaped implants. That being said, this relationship still holds true and with bigger implants, the final result tends to be more 'sculpted' or 'augmented' and more obvious or easier to identify even when in clothes. 

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.  Choosing an implant is a complex process and I definitely recommend setting up a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wanting Very Large Breast Augmentation

There's no doubt that some women prefer to have very large breasts. While it is very possible for you to get large implants and be very happy with them, there are many things to consider when planning the size implants you want. An experienced surgeon can help with this critical planning. As long as you obtain a good understanding of the pros and cons, along with the potential need for additional surgeries down the road to deal with the eventual sagging, and other changes to your breasts, you should be able to realize your dream.  Try to consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon who has experience dealing with larger size implants.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

The exact choice of size that will work best for you is an important decision that you should make with your board certified plastic surgeon. 3D Vectra imaging and simulation, the Mentor gel sizing system, rice filled implants at home in your bra, and bio-dimensional analysis are all methods that can be employed to help you come to a decision. Because size is such an important component of decision making in breast augmentation our office employs all of these techniques with each patient to ensure the highest rate of satisfaction possible. Good luck with your decision!

Thank you for your question. I'm sure that many other patients have had similar dreams of being unusually large and top-heavy and many have come over the years to regret the choice of augmentation to an extreme. You may be an exception however and I recognize that but I would advise you to watch the video I've posted above to learn some facts about breast tissue thinning, skin stretching and aging especially with large breast implants.
Once you have evaluated your options carefully and reached a decision I wish you the best.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Assoc. Clinical Prof. of Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Augmentation

Since you appear to be at least a D cup already, you should approach a large augmentation with caution.  That amount of weight on your breast skin will take its toll over time and will likely mean you'll need a lift sometime down the road.  That having been said, an augmentation is certainly possible.  You just need to be aware of the risks.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Best advice - look around for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast surgery. Go in for consultations. Look at before and after photos of previous patients. Select a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with who will take great care of you and has the talent to deliver the results you are looking for.

Good luck!
Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation #realself 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implants

There are multiple ways of sizing someone who wants breast implants. 3-D imaging as well as the mentor shell sizing system based on the preoperative dimensions of the breast can give a realistic and quite accurate prediction of what the final size would be. It's sometimes helpful for you to bring goal pictures to your plastic surgeon. I recommend you seek the counsel of the board-certified plastic surgeon in your location. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS