Terrified about an infection 2 years post op Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions?

I felt this pain like a cut from a stitch from Insude my nose two years after having primary rhino. I visited my surgeon a week later and who examined me and couldn't see any stitches or materials, however about three weeks later I feel a different sensation in my nostrils every so often . My question is basically asking whether an infection of a stitch could be severe and effect the shape of my nose as my paranoia is getting quite annoying and I would like to calm my nerves. Thank you!

Infection after rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for the question. I would require more information to give you better advice, such as photographs. In general, infections will present with common signs such as redness, drainage, fevers, etc. Since you have not mentioned any of these signs or symptoms, its unlikely to be an infection. Further, severe infections of the nose can indeed be detrimental to the soft tissue and underlying structures and cause deformities. If you are concerned, you should follow up with your physician. Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS