Can taping after Rhinoplasty cause permanent manipulation of the final shape of the nose??

I had rhinoplasty two weeks ago. I felt that it was a little too upturned so I have been taping it each night trying to push it down- not putting the tape underneath the tip that holds it up and instead taping across the tip to try and depress it. Now, the tip is starting to look a little odd and I am concerned that I have permanently manipulated it. Is it possible that I have done some damage? It looked better before I started taping in this way- can I undo it? I've been doing it for 7 nights.

Taping after rhinoplasty

Hello.  The nose takes a long time to heal and settle down.  Taping is frequently done to assist in this process.  Over aggressive taping may affect the healing, but this can only be determined by your surgeon examining you.  I recommend you see him/her to see if any unintended changes occurred.  Hopefully, your actions didn't cause any harm.  Take care.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovering from rhinoplasty and taping the nose

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. The nose will continue to refine over months and years.Taping exercises can help mold the nose as it heals; however, this needs to be performed under your surgeon's supervision for a safe and happy result. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op taping

Some surgeons will have their patients perform post op taping. You should only be following your own surgeon's instructions. That's why you chose him/her. Only your surgeon knows exactly what was done and how to get your the results you are looking for.