Symmastia or not? (photos)

This is my 7 months post op BA. I asked questioned few months ago regarding my case as I noticed a skin tenting eventually when I wear a bra underwired or not my breast are joint together and no cleavage. I found a photos in the internet that is similar to my situation. The left ohotos are from a website and the right photos are mine. Is this symmastia???

Synmastia / Internal Bra

Good morning!

You do have synmastia, and my repair consists of the Internal Bra, my strong permanent internal suturing technique which reattaches the soft tissue to the sternum- it works and it lasts!

I have attached a link to my Synmastia Breast Augmentation Revision photo gallery for your review- hope it helps!

Symmastia or not?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Based on the photographs, I do not think that you have true symmastia; in other words, the implants do not cross the midline. However, there is no question that the breast implants are close to one another (and you have skin tenting present). If the distance between your breasts are of concern, revisionary breast surgery will likely be necessary. In my practice this is commonly done using two layered capsulorraphy technique and the use of acellular dermis matrix or biosynthetic mesh in many cases. You may find the attached link (dedicated to correction of symmastia concerns) helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Symmastia

Thanks for your inquiry and it does appear by picture that you may symmastia, but only an exam will tell for sure.  I recommend you go and discuss with your surgeon your options.  Good luck.

Synmastia or not?

Hi Redbutterfly83.

Yes.  You have a significant synmastia. 

Show this to your ps and make plans to either repair it, or if it doesn't bother you, leave alone.

Sorry this happened to you, but it a known possible complication.

Se

Symmastia or not?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. It appears that you do indeed show synmastia between your implants.  Correction of this would involve reducing the size of your breast implant pocket, possible reinforcement of the repair with an internal scaffold, and possible downsizing of your implants.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon or seek a second opinion if not in agreement with your operative surgeon. 

Symmastia

Thank you for the question and the photographs. It would appear from the pictures provided that you indeed have symmastia. As you are most likely already aware of symmasia (uniboob or breadloafing) is when one or both of the implants are positioned too close to the midline (center) of the sternum (breastbone). There is no way to repair this other than revising the implant pocket(s). I would recommend to return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and delineate the best course of action to correct your deformity. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Symmastia

You seem to have mild symmastia, meaning that the two pockets join in the middle, but this only becomes visible when pushing the implants together.
This can be improved with a surgical revision, if it is a cosmetic issue when wearing a bra. 

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia or not?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It does appear that you have some skin tenting especially when you push your breasts together.  This may qualify for mild symmastia but certainly not as bad as your web comparison.  Regardless of what you call it, if this bothers you enough, revision surgery is always an option.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Symmastia

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your photos and description of your breasts, it does appear that you have symmastia. There are surgical options to correct this problem. Be sure to be seen by a board-certified plastic surgeon to address your concerns. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia?

It does appear that you have symmastia, based on the fact that you can push the implants so far medially that the pockets nearly communicate.  At rest, the position is more normal.  If this concerns you then you should return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your options.