Swollen blood vessel in the cheek after lips filling.

It happened a few hours ago that I had done my lips. After a bit I started to feel in my cheek start from the edge side of my mouth that it's swollen in a line and hurts. We injected only my lips so I'm worrying why do I have this in my cheek?? Thank you

It is best to follow up with your injector as swelling in the cheek is not common after having your lips injected.

Swelling

Thanks for your question. This is an unusual type of swelling and you should see you injector right away. Swelling is common but at the site of injection. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary if the bump is from the filler material itself.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Swelling in cheek after lips being filled

I would follow up with the office that treated you.  Your cheek shouldn't swell from lip injections.  

Chad Robbins, MD

Swollen Cheek after Lip Filling

Dear katonalexa:

It is not uncommon to see swelling after fillers, but this is normally restricted to the site that has been injected.  My recommendation is to follow up with your physician asap for further assessment.  All the best.

Get it Checked...

Some pain and swelling is normal after an injection. However, since you're experiencing pain and swelling in a different site, I recommend an evaluation with your Dr. to rule out vascular occlusion. Best, Dr. Emer

Hello katonalexa,

If you see a more prominent blood vessel after a cheek injection this could simply be from swelling, but it could be from a blood vessel having been injected.  The former is nothing to worry about, but the latter could cause a serious problem if not treated.  I'd recommend you see your injector today for an evaluation.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain in cheek after lip injection

This is hard to really make a recommendation. It is possibly all within normal limits, but it also can represent a complication such as vascular occlusion. I can't make any further rec's other than to discuss with your doctor if it is concerning you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD