Strange Botox result. Do I just have to wait it out? (Photo)

I had botox on forehead lines 1 week ago but I hate the results. I went to a new Dr but this time my upper forehead is frozen and I have significant horizontal lines when I raise my brows across mid forehead - looks like marks from a divers mask. It's also slightly lopsided. I asked for a natural look so am reluctant to get more to try and adjust - do I just have to wait it out?

Botox Results

It is advisable to wait a full 2 weeks to see your final results. If after 2 weeks you are still having similar issues than you can have this improved with more Botox. Please always see an expert injector.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox results

I find that the full effects from a botox treatment take 2 weeks to settle.  If you are unhappy still at that point follow up with your injector.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox results

Thanks for your question and photo. Its always best to treat with a board certified doctor, but fortunately, your results are not permanent. A week is still too soon to see optimal results as it normally takes about two weeks. Should you still be unhappy with your results, you may return to an expert for correction. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Botox results

This can be easily corrected with more Botox injection. The doctor injected the frontalis muscle too high, probably to avoid brow ptosis. Once he/she sees the result, he will know exactly where to inject to correct it. That being said, I would wait 14 days after the injection to see if you still get anymore effect from the Botox. Hope this helps.

Forehead Botox

This is an easy fix. First wait the 10 days to be sure you have gotten your maximal improvement from the treatment. Then return to your injector. You just need a little more Botox. Your injector injected a bit high to avoid dropping your brows. Once they see your response they can add a little more to make it what you want.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Upper Forehead Botox Injections

Dear boatymcboat:

My recommendation would be to wait 2 weeks for the Botox in your upper forehead to balance out and see your injector then.  Depending upon the result your desired outcome, I suspect that you will need a few more units to the mid to lower third of your forehead.  Remember less is more, particularly if you want  a natural look.  All the best.

Forehead Botox Gone Wrong

You will probably need more Botox to even things out. Wait 2 weeks for everything to settle in and then follow up with your injector. An experienced injector will not leave you frozen. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Need touch up

The result you are seeing is mainly due to placement. And you are correct, you still have more movement on the left which is making you look uneven- which is far from the natural look you are looking for. You don't have to wait it out completely. The only solution is doing a touch up. Meaning, you give a little more to balance it out. I often also treat the glabella as well, this will help elevate your brows to counter the forehead treatment, and the product will migrate and have an effect upwards to further blend in the central forehead lines. Best! 

Miguel A. Gutierrez, MD
Torrance Dermatologist

Forehead lines

It is a simple fix to correct this with more botox placed correctly lower in the forehead. I would call your physician to show them and recommend having this corrected so you are satisfied with your results.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Botox to forehead gave abnormal look

This is the result of injection being too high. Further Botox will help improve the lower lines. This is done by injectors that are not experienced and worried about dropping the brows. This should be an easy fix.

Steven F. Weiner, MD